Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
25 April 2024, 17:27:42 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I wish i knew where my mice were. - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avengers Assemble  (Read 3424 times)
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 10 May 2012, 09:13:33 »

Obviously with all the other Marvel films there has been a lot of hype building up to this film. So you do end up going in with a lot of expectations ......

I have to say that it does deliver on those expectations, each character gets their moment in the spotlight and there is a well thought out series of events that builds to where these people make the choice to work together and put aside any differences.

I watched this in 3D (I know this is a personel pet hate of mine) and I have to say I would rate this as the second best 3D film I have watched (Avater being the pinnacle). The 3D is well used to add depth and perspective to the film enhancing the enjoyment as well helping to immerse the viewer into the story.

I think this has been the best in the series so far, we can only hope that they take lessons from this release to apply to the innevitable sequels of the individual character films to improve those to the same level as this.

Well worth a watch and I would also say worth the 3D tax if that is your bag, but from other people I have spoken to who have seen this in 2D it is just as good.

Enjoy.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2012, 10:22:31 »

Nice to hear there's some good use of 3D in a movie, maybe in another 2 years the correct useage will be norm for movies.

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2012, 19:46:36 »

Still be a pain for those of us with dodgy eyesight who just don't get the illusion though  Sad

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2012, 19:58:45 »

I still say the 3d is essentially pointless, as after about half an hour of film you simply stop noticing it, barring cynical straight-at-the-camera tactics that you find in lower quality 3d titles.

That said, it was a rather spectacular film and I would argue one of the finest Superhero movies to date. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: