Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
20 April 2024, 03:52:04 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m Game, we`ll see who rusts first. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuclear War  (Read 1771 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 11 November 2008, 14:21:56 »

This game has been around for quite a while but it's subject matter is as relevant today as it was when it was first produced.

Players start by placing 2 face down cards in front of them, then playing (in turn order) any secret or top secret cards they have in their hand taking the action stated on the card then replacing the cards in their hand (if they get another top secret or secret card it is played immediately). Once all the players no longer have any secret or top secret cards the first round begins.

On their turn a player picks up a card, places down a third face down card and turns up the first face down card. Cards consist of warheads, rockets or other weapon delivery systems, Secret, Top Secret and finally propaganda cards. At the start of the game everyone is at peace which means players can use propaganda cards to affect other players population or sometimes their own. Peace is kept until a player launches and attacks another player with a nuclear weapon. War is then declared and remains in force until someone is eliminated from the game.

The last person left in the game who has at least 1million population left is declared the winner, by the same token it is possible for everyone to lose.

The theme of this game is well done and captures well the futility of nuclear weapons, there is an element of tongue in cheek about the whole game which is what makes this work.

A really fast, fun game I would recommend.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: