Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 07:22:36 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Ah. So I`m a Masochist on a diet am i?. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Universe: Tiki's Game 27/03/2008  (Read 6231 times)
CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« on: 01 December 2008, 21:51:50 »

27/03/2008  -  Marvel Universe RPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Universe_Roleplaying_Game

GM: Tiki

Character in play

Venom - Sati Pete (forgotten real name DOH)
Dr Doom - Zarniwoop
Lizard - Chris
Magneto - Crayfrog

The adventure starts with each character waking up with no idea how they got there and appeared to have been mummified.

Venom breaks out of the bandages and as the dust settles around him finds that he was in a stone sarcophagus in a sandstone room on his own and heads out of the exit door.

The Lizard and Magneto both break out and destroy there sarcophagus in the process.

Dr Doom does things with it bit more care and manages to move the lid to one side and then escape from the bandages, looking at the lid it have a stylised painting of himself as a pharaoh on it.

Magneto can sense he is near the equator and nothing more.

The Lizard enters a corridor from his room and starts tracking a trail, this leads into a large room with a glass ceiling and a large black creature at the other end of the room.  Magneto and Dr Doom enter the room from the same corridor as the Lizard, as the sky is not visible through the ceiling it is concluded that they are underground.

Magneto and Doom argue over who brought who to this place, in the meantime Venom finds a set of double doors that appear to be the exit.

Opening them and descending down a flight of stairs, a large TV screen appears from the ceiling and Arcades face appears ‘Welcoming the party to Murder World’

Venom enraged pulls the TV from the ceiling and destroys it after which Doom tries to investigate the remains of it, noting that Arcade didn’t appear to be his normal cheery self.

Venom continues down the corridor and finds 2 iron doors which Magneto easily pulls apart, as the dust settles in the room a large pit full of snakes and pillars around the room are visible.

Mummies start to appear from behind the pillars, at first Doom pushes them into the pit, and he and Magneto get green acid sprayed from the other mummies at them.
Venom crawls across the ceiling looking for the exit and webbing up mummies.  The Lizard claws some mummies, and then the iron doors come flying into the room and flatten another set of mummies due to Magneto getting annoyed with them.

With the room cleared the party exits into another corridor to find a bigger set of doors leading into a bigger room containing more mummies.

After another battle of wiping the floor with the mummies, the party come to the end of a corridor containing 2 large buttons and a set of even bigger doors.

The Lizard pushes one button nothing happens, Venom pushes the other and applause can be heard but the doors don’t open.  In the end Magneto forces the door open to reveal a corridor with purple doors at the end with a yellow button on the left and a red button on the right.

By pressing both buttons together a large room with 2 mummies is revealed, Doom blasts the mummies with little effect, leaving it to the Lizard to tear one part and Venom the other.

At the end of the room appear to be the exit doors, upon careful examination they are opened to reveal the outdoors.

Walking outside they see they were in a tower on Murderworld in the middle of a desert with a river running through it.

While walking they see a shape on the horizon, which become an 80ft Professor X as it approaches, Magneto pulls the legs from under Prof X and he falls to the ground, as Doom blasts the robot.

After Prof X is dealt with, the group find Juggernaut footprints in the sand leading away from the tower and then ‘poof’             Sinister appears offering a deal.

TO BE CONTINUED…………………………

This was Tiki’s first outing as GM, he did a very good job of creating the plot and keeping control of the players who normally end up screwing the plot up somehow.
It was an enjoyable game using the diceless system.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2008, 22:11:17 by CrazyFrog » Logged

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
pagbsc
Slight Inkling

« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2008, 22:29:31 »

OMG, this has brought back memories.  Was a very enjoyable game, but not enough brains for Venoms liking:-)  Are we going to do it again sometime?
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2008, 00:45:01 »

well, I recently bought the books off of andy, lock stock and smoking barrels. So, well. I've been considering at some point.

Though with shadowfell and traveller in the new year, I'll have to see.
pagbsc
Slight Inkling

« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2008, 13:13:37 »

Traveller...when when when Smiley
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2008, 07:37:35 »

soon I hope as I will have a rule book by then the new minified one is in spirit

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2008, 12:50:19 »

please ignore the last post on this as I was thinking if the process could be described even losly as such of Tiki's Traveller game not of his Marvel game of earlier in the year.

a dementing EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: