Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
27 April 2024, 01:47:28 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Just keep cool. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red November  (Read 1805 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 30 December 2008, 19:44:41 »

This is a co-operative game for 2 to 8 players.

The theme, packaging and components are of excellent quality well suited to the theme. Each player takes the part of a gnome on board a sub that is running into trouble. They have to run around various parts of the sub putting put fires, unblocking hatches, dealing with floods and finally keeping an eye on the engines, reactor and the oxygen levels.

This game is extremely good and great fun, it also scales well so as you add more players the disasters ramp up to keep the challenge suitable. There are several ways in which the game Will end badly and only one in which the team will survive.

On the players turn you may move, must take an action, take a feint check (if you have taken grog) and finally update which is when the vents are triggered which causes the various incidents mentioned before. The crew has 60 minutes (or less depending on number of players) to use in order to stay alive and keep the sub going for rescue. The mechanic for using your time is similar to that of Thebes where the furthest person back gets to act.

Some of the finer aspects of the rules are sometimes hard to find/figure out but actually playing the game makes these make more sense.

I really like this game it is a lot of fun and will get a lot of play. A good addition to any collection.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: