Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 09:37:39 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I like the cover `DON`T PANIC`. It`s the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody`s said to me all day. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carpe Astra  (Read 2177 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 10 January 2009, 01:36:40 »

Another well produced game from Reiver Games the quality of materials in this game are very good and the artwork is superb. The players vie with each other to build a network of support amongst powerful guilds in order to become the new Emperor of the galaxy. Players add agents onto the board to build a network to match the guilds required on either networking cards or slander cards. Networking cards once completed win you support from one of the guilds depicted on them, slander cards allow you to take support from one of the guilds depicted on it from another player.

After the first round there are event cards which give rewards for completed cards with matching guilds this comes as either monetary gain or additional cards into your hand which can be useful. Players can also add additional tiles onto the board to help complete their network or turn existing tiles 180deg.

This game relatively easy to pick up but is one of those games where the tactics and strategies will take some time to learn and master. I thought this was an extremely fun game to play and it will be a much played addition to my collection. I bought this not having played or seen it played but purely because it was from Reiver Games and I have not been disappointed.

I would recommend this to anyone as a worthy addition to their collection.

I have created a score sheet for this game which can be downloaded from here thanks to boardgamegeek.com
« Last Edit: 13 January 2009, 21:41:24 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: