Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 15:23:05 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
If you can call it a robot. I`ts more a sort of electronic sulking machine. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas  (Read 2236 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 11 February 2009, 14:40:36 »

This is a wonderful little game with excellent good quality pieces and artwork.
Each of the players plays an acolyte tasked with finding their 4 books entrusted to them by the Guardian. In order to achieve this task they have to move and rotate various footpaths over the sinners pit but whilst they are doing this to get to their books the other acolytes can also move the same footpaths to hinder your progress.

The winner is the first acolyte to pick up his/her fourth book and then becomes the new Guardian.

You have a hand of 6 cards which is made up of cards from "Incertus Movet" deck representing pages from the manual for the labyrinth showing how to use the various pulleys and gears to move the footpaths or "Liber Fidei" deck which is a set of prayers that all the acolytes can use to perform extraordinary feats to aid in their tasks. However, once each "Liber Fidei" card is used or discarded it is no longer available for that game.

Movement across the footbridges is determined by how many "Incertus Movet" are played, how many cards you can play is determined by the cost for each action on the cards, you start with 6 Action points for your turn.

This game is extremely fun to play, and once familiar with the actions is quite quick to play with a lot to think about as your carefully laid plans can easily be disrupted.

A worthy addition to your collection.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: