Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 11:41:23 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We going to get lynched aren`t we? - Phouchg
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Moon City  (Read 3702 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 18 April 2009, 01:15:32 »

This is a very beautiful game the pieces are well made and the artwork on the cards is extremely good.
The idea of the game is to help reconstruct the city and with the crystal rewards make contributions to the obelisk. The player who makes the required amount of contributions to the Obelisk first wins (there are rules for ties). Each city building requires a number of blocks in order to restore it, each player must sacrifice a number of coloured cards that equal the value of one or more of these in order to place their blocks. Some of the lower valued cards also have a special ability which can aid you. At the end of your turn you only get 2 cards back so playing a lot of cards in one turn can get you a lot of crystals or other rewards but mean you take time to build your hand back up. You can also win crystals by having the most Dragon scales, these are won by having a dragon or dragons on the building when you place your blocks. Once all the scales are out you award crystals to those posssing dragon scales.

This game is always a pleasure to play, really simple to teach/learn and plays quite quickly. I am always willing to have a game of this one.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2009, 03:32:53 »

There was a set of expansion tiles made for this game given away on a german gaming magazine. Fantasy Flight Games provides a pdf with the Rules for using them and templates to print them out for yourself.

Blue Moon City Expansion

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: