Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
16 April 2024, 20:18:18 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
You Pinstriped barbarians! I`ll sue the council for every penny it`s got! I`ll have you hung, drawn and quartered, and whipped and boiled, and then I`ll chop you up into little bits until . . . until . . . until you`ve had enough! - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cathedral  (Read 2011 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 30 April 2009, 14:47:19 »

This is a very beautiful game made with extremely nice wooden pieces. It comes in three flavours: Deluxe, Classic and Travel. All three are made from wood with the travel version coming in a nice little wooden box with magnets attached to the underside of the pieces. The Deluxe version comes with much larger pieces, whilst the Classic has normal sized pieces.

The game is simple but very addictive involving placing your pieces on the board and trying to place all of them. You can block off areas with your buildings meaning the other player can not place there, or you can (but is not easy) surround an opposing players piece causing it to be returned to that player.

There is also a neutral piece, the cathedral which is placed by the starting player. This too can be removed by surrounding it with your pieces, but this is also quite hard to achieve.

The winner is the person who places all their pieces on the board or who would cover the least amount of space with the buildings they have left in hand.

This game is a joy to play and also makes a great centre piece which will almost certainly get people asking you what it is !!

A worthy addition to anyone's collection.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: