Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
19 April 2024, 07:18:04 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Of course it`s safe. Even the ghosts will have settled down and Raised families by now. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantasy DUX  (Read 10758 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 06 March 2013, 21:51:22 »

I hope to begin play testing a version of DUX for a generic fantasy setting initially humans against Orcs but I would love to add other forces in to the mix.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2013, 20:33:36 »

I have the play test starter army for Orcs & Goblins which I have attached to this post

I am working on Civilised Humans at the moment & the play testing will await the arrival of the required figures at Spirit Games

I am using Mantic Orcs and Goblins for the Orcs with a few bits of Gw stuff particularly wolves for the goblin wolfriders  & warg allies/mercenaries

for the Civilised humans I am going to be using Conquest Normans with wild men mercenaries from warlord Dacians

Pictures of the actual figures to follow

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2013, 19:06:08 »

This project rather hit the back burner as all my avalible spare time was eaten up by the move which is now over so I will be motoring on with it as soon as I can....

I first intend to set up a Blog to post pictures & Phot AAR's as I get them done.

The Armies of Man are represented by my Romano British & the Armies of the Orc invaders are all scratch built out of a mixture of Mantic - Wargames Factory- Warlord  & GW plastics in that order.

They are done but unlikely to be painted on the first outing

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 19:21:42 »

I write this after my first play test which has rather lead me to consider adding an extra group of lesser goblins to the Orc & Goblin starter force.

I will go through my notes & do a proper AAR but its sufficient  here to know that the main force of the each side faced off in a bloody struggle whilst the Lesser goblins snook round the flank to loot the village only to be intercepted by the British Levy which was held up from taking part in the main fight by bad reinforcement rolls. The British levy in shield wall managed to charge the Lesser goblins with the aid of a bounding run card & slaughtered them almost to a goblin in the first clash. This was before they followed up round the flank of the main fight & finally threw it in the favour of the forces of men. Causing the bloodied Orcs & their warlord to give up on the raid.

Evil Ginger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2013, 15:56:33 »

Second Orc & goblin Starter force built & ready for play testing at the shop just sorting out the cards for the game decks and Fate decks. I am considering getting Artscow to print me a couple of packs of blank faced Poker cards so I can stick labels to them.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2013, 19:35:32 »

I have started to paint the second Orc & Goblin Starter force to make up for me being too knackered & damp to drag myself down to Malifaux night. I am so the party animal these days.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2013, 16:52:35 »

Not a great deal of progress as its hard to paint or do much else when all you want to do is sleep, I think I need somthing stronger than coffee as its largely stopped working.

Still must on & plod....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2013, 16:40:08 »

Got up at 3 am this morning to continue cleaning up the lesser goblins I love Mantic but a combination of sprue lay out & my using a knife to take the parts off the sprue means there is rather more cleaning up to be done than I would like. I need to find my existing ones or buy another pair of clippers as these are often easier than a modelling knife. I did a little painting on the Orcs & the leaders but not much and to be honest its just blocking in areas in a colour & trying to work out what is what on a very detailed figure. 

I also need to finish off my buildings & splash out on some more stuff from Warbases, bases mostly. I hope I will be in a fit state to get on with some of that tomorrow at a similar silly hour I would do it after work but I am even more tired than normal in the evenings

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2013, 05:56:19 »

Things are begining to make progress here with the completion of a lot of general Dux Scenery as well as the slow but steady block painting of the Orc and Goblin starter force we should I hope be ready to start playtesting this an the shop within  the next couple of weeks.

I will post details nearer the time but for now I need to collect Magic rules cards...... for the game deck & for the modifications to the fate deck.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2013, 22:06:25 »

The second Orc & goblin Starter force is now pretty much painted & after this week ends magic pre release I should have all the unwanted Magic rules cards to make the test Fate & games decks.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2013, 04:55:07 »

Up at a truly ungodly hour working on the labels for the fate & game decks for a play test of fantasy Dux

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2013, 22:32:29 »

Labels done thought I need to pick up the cards from Spirit where there should be a great load after the Magic pre release over the week end & thence to make up the required decks. The Goblin starter warband needs to be packed to go to Spirit where you can look at it if you come to the games night tomorrow night. I will also take some Photographs of it to post on Facebook amongst other things.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #12 on: 17 July 2013, 17:20:27 »

all is prepared for the First Play test of Fantasy Dux.....  all  except I need is a Prit stick to stick the labels to the Magic cards for the game & fate deck.

I will however be able to sort that out by next Tuesday when the game will be run....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2013, 21:48:27 »

I ran the first Play test last night here is the AAR - No pictures yet but they where taken

Fantasy Dux AAR  1
The scenario was diced for as per the DUX rules & after coming up as the raid on a caravan, the only Scenario I dont have the stuff for lacking the set of wagons and carts required, twice, the next roll gave us a Raid on a farm. dicing for location put it in the far corner away form the raiders point of entry. We  did not dice for the rest of the terrain I  just put something interesting and not to complicated with a selection of buildings and enclosures as the target farm.  

Matt played the Orcs & entered first with a four turn lead  Shocked & proceeded to advance just over  half way up the table by the end if them in a rough battle line which coincidently partially blocked the Defenders point of entry on the side of the table between the edge of the woods & the farm. This was to prove some what critical to what happened next as the five groups of Humans who arrived did so within easy reach of the Orcs . Still initial contact was all in the humans favour with Matt attempting to delay them with a lone group of lesser goblins

Who colliding with the Humans elite accompanied as they where by lord Trydwr & his Champion Gawain where slaughtered and hurled into flight after the first round of combat. That was the high point for the humans as the Orc elite swung round to face the point of entry as the Human Warriors entered the feild in shield wall & tried to close on the remaining lesser goblins failing to do so largely as they where in shield wall. The Orc Lord split his body guard leading half of them forward into There human counter parts and sending the second into the shield wall which looked rather foolish at first glance. However the group accompanied by the Orc lord & his champion fought the their equivalents to a stand still

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 25 July 2013, 06:36:19 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2013, 01:10:24 »

Currently mid way through a second play test of the game - this time a Raid on a Village

Evil Ginger

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: