Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 April 2024, 11:46:53 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Caves are cool. Let`s Get out there and relate to it - Zaphod BeebleBrox
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sumeria  (Read 1972 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 13 June 2009, 01:31:05 »

Another great game from Reiver Games the Rules are fairly simple but hide a deep strategic game. It is one of those games that can be described as taking minutes to learn but years to master.

Played over 6 turns made up of 3 rounds each the basic mechanic is Adding Traders, Moving Traders or Removing Traders to alter a City States power. As each player takes their turn the 3 leading cities will change often. The scoring is based on having sets of influence tiles the more you have of a type of tile the more you score. So which City State you wish to win influence from plays an important part of your strategy.

The components and artwork are of the quality we have come to expect from Reiver Games so well done again. The rulebook is well written and easy to follow.

I played the prototype at Beer & Pretzels 20 and immediately signed up for the pre-order price. There is something about the games that Reiver games choose to produce they just appeal to my style of play, I rarely win any of them but I always enjoy playing them and they all have a lot of replayability.

Seriously though, this game plays quickly but has a lot of depth and certainly warrants a prime place in anyone's collection.

I have created a scorepad for this game which can be downloaded from here thanks to boardgamegeek.com
« Last Edit: 14 June 2009, 23:50:44 by zarniwoop » Logged

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: