Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
27 April 2024, 16:26:47 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
. . . . . Is there any tea on this spaceship? - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King of Tokyo  (Read 2594 times) Average Rating: 0
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« on: 05 July 2011, 00:03:00 »

An extremely fun little game. The artwork and components are of good quality befitting the style of the game. Essentially a dice game with players trying to get to 20 points first whilst trying to damage the other players, there are various cards which can be purchased which provide one off or permanent effects to you or other players. Players roll the dice upto 3 times keeping or discarding dice, the dice symbols mean you either collect energy (used to buy cards), cause damage, heal or score points.

To score points if you have 3 of a number (1, 2 or 3) you score that many points, if you score more than 3 of a number then you gain an extra point for each one. To heal for every Heart token you heal 1 point of damage, unless you are in Tokyo. For every lightning bolt you gain an energy cube which can be spent on cards during your turn and finally Fists represent damaging other players, those outside Tokyo hurt the player inside whilst those inside Tokyo damage all other players. Players in Tokyo can not heal but do gain points for going into or staying in Tokyo, if they are damaged by a player they can elect to leave forcing the other player into Tokyo.

This games plays really quickly and is immense fun providing a good open or close to a games evening.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CardcoreGamer
Aware

BoardgameGeek: mattersmasher

« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2013, 11:54:36 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9xbl3myHVc
« Last Edit: 25 April 2013, 12:04:58 by Zarniwoop » Logged
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2013, 06:00:24 »

Cool Review Colin

The add on takes it up to six players & adds a unique special ability for each of the Megamonsters in the game, however the base game is always good fun & easy to pick up as well as really quick so a revenge game is quite possible.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: