Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 08:42:56 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
But that`s crazy. You wouldn`t blow up this entire planet just to get a bloody spaceship back! - Trillian
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Film Review - Ironman 3 – 3D  (Read 3060 times)
CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« on: 13 May 2013, 18:07:34 »

When to see Ironman 3 in 3D as I’d missed the viewing time for 2D, I’ve not seen a 3D movie since Thor, I thought the 3D effect was rubbish.  However for Ironman you can see that the technology is moving forward and I thought the 3D was better, its still a bit rough on the focus area and did not give me a headache.  Overall all I was impressed. 

The movie itself is an interesting story but you can tell it’s the end of a trilogy and the director has changed.  I think it would have been better with Jon Faveru as it would have been in the same style as the previous movies which I really enjoy watching.

I’ve just checked the 3D effect is applied in Post Production, so the technique must be improving.

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Zarniwoop
Sysop
Administrator
Deep One

BoardgameGeek: Oridyne

"One who cares is one who listens."

« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2013, 18:44:26 »

When to see Ironman 3 in 3D as I’d missed the viewing time for 2D, I’ve not seen a 3D movie since Thor, I thought the 3D effect was rubbish.  However for Ironman you can see that the technology is moving forward and I thought the 3D was better, its still a bit rough on the focus area and did not give me a headache.  Overall all I was impressed.  

The movie itself is an interesting story but you can tell it’s the end of a trilogy and the director has changed.  I think it would have been better with Jon Faveru as it would have been in the same style as the previous movies which I really enjoy watching.

I’ve just checked the 3D effect is applied in Post Production, so the technique must be improving.

I really enjoyed this and really didn't notice the 3D that much, so probably overall watched in 2D I guess you would not be missing out on much realistically. The story was quite good, I'm blessed as usual without being aware of the comic arc this may have been taken from, though I thought the ending was spoilt a bit by the multi-Ironman remote controlled suit fight, which was a little OTT. It should be about the man/technology combo not loads of super suits... wrong

I liked the change up of the Stark/Pepper relationship and how this progressed through the movie. Not sure where they will go from here but Robert Downey Jr is doing a sterling job as Stark and he makes it a very believable character with all his flaws and ego.

Regards,
Zarniwoop

<*> I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing <*>

CrazyFrog
Global Moderator
Psychotic

Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2013, 21:16:46 »

Agreed with the text in spoiler that was a bit strange and it had the normal plot errors with tech that we always seem to get,  its not rocket science to spot this stuff and correct it in the screenplay is it   Dont Know

Insane Dealer of Arkham Insanity.
"You know you want a trip down to the asylum"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: