Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 11:07:14 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
My capacity for happiness you could fit into a matchbox without taking the matches out first. - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuzils & Zombies  (Read 4987 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« on: 03 June 2013, 16:47:10 »

Encouraged by the chap who dose the Dust Tears & dice blog, I have acquired a horde of Mantic Zombies for terrorising the Breton country side but as yet they languish in their boxes, however there is hope given how simple a paint job I have in mind that they will get done very quickly when I get started.

The basic idea of this is to give a zombie outbreak for my nearly two companies of 1690's French militia to deal with using an adapted Sharp Practice.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2013, 20:56:12 »

Correction the guilty party is the writer of the adventures in lead blog not as previously stated the writer of Dust tears and dice still the Zombies are now being assembled & I came up here to post because I was feeling a bit light headed again.....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2013, 16:02:49 »

I mentioned this idea  in passing on the Lardie news group fairly recently & was pointed at the rules set Pike & shot & Zombies which I had heard off as some one on one of the many Blogs I follow was doing figures for an Elizabethan English & Zombies games & using an adaptation of those rules to play with them. I will to be honest avoid reading them now as I really dont want to plagiarise them and will work on further modification of my adaptation of the Lardie low level action Napoleonic’s rules Sharpe Practice to the late 17th century early 18th century the very end of the pike and shot period as well as period of change sociality as well as militarily  and the birth of regular armies in the modern sense.

The premise of the game is all the players are on the same side thought the Scenario may be set up to place them to a greater or lesser extent at cross  purposes . The zombies are run by automatic rules and will largely react to the players actions the exact mechanics for which I am still thinking about, so I will gloss over it for now.

The background is the outbreak of the plague in an isolated area of France in 1690ish, in the first instance this seems to be normal if exceptionally lethal plague and to burn itself out in the manner of plagues after killing most of the population of two parishes who where buried in plague pits a distance form the  villages on the parishes in question. The survivors of the villages remained for the most part and attempted to rebuild their shattered lives until late spring when it seemed that they had turned to banditry & taken to robbing the few passing traders and travellers through the stricken area. Initial reports caused the surrounding Parishes to call out the Militia as well as some gentlemen volunteers to deal with this lawlessness  only to find the true nature of the horror when they where attacked by shambling corpses clad in the rags of their burial shrouds rather than the bandits they expected

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 03 July 2013, 16:13:25 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2013, 06:01:00 »

whilst I am mentioning the subject of play testing this one should be following Dux Fantastica down the shop for play testiong all I need is to type up some rules & do the Game deck so more unwanted magic cards are required then. The Zombies now undercoated will however be a jick job to paint.

watch this space as they say....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2013, 16:31:24 »

I am still working on this Project but I need to say it has been rather elbowed out of the way for the moment by a brach newcomer in the form of Coc

I will get that out of my system then continue.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2013, 12:30:44 »

I have been inspired by Dalarapour to finish my Zombified Wargames factory figures & hope to post pictures when painted

EvilGinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: