Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
28 March 2024, 12:47:13 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Do you Want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where i`m standing? - Marvin , The Paranoid Android
Linked Events
  • Dark Sun: Something Something Dark Sun: 03 July 2013
  • Signed up (2/8):
    # Name
    1.Dat
    2.EvilGinger

Signups have closed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Sun: Something Something Dark Sun  (Read 16413 times)
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« on: 23 June 2013, 20:22:55 »

HELLO! I have offically reserved a space on bi-weekly bi-wednesdays in place of Andie's now resolved 40k Ork Campaign.

As you hopefully have guessed, i will be running Dark Sun in a 4th Ed fashion. If you have a problem with either Dark Suns' hostile, unforgiving nature or the workings of 4th Ed, then please feel free to skip my game and not turn up or organise a second game on the same day. I can reasonably assume i will have a decent turnout for my campaign and do not want to have to pander to unhappy players who have issues with me, the system, or the setting.

Even more demandingly, i'm requesting players build a character on the first session (see link to calandar above) and that these characters CARE about the City State of Tyr or some large part of it for whatever reason. Uncaring, murderous psychopaths will be heavily dissuaded, in contrast to a lot of PC generation recently. To help you along the way, i plan to inform you of Athas, Tyr and its' citizens in some manner of an introduction/primer. Stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Dat 0'Saka.

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2013, 05:35:10 »

This sounds rather cool I have always liked the setting & 4E is not a bad system well done Dat

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2013, 20:56:56 »

OK, this is a verbatim copy of a players primer for Dark Sun from the official manual (quite brief): http://dungeonsmaster.com/2010/06/dark-sun-players-primer/

Secondly, we have a very detailed list of stuff about the world here:
http://community.wizards.com/alphastream1/blog/2010/05/17/warming_up_for_dark_sun

Of particular interest is this subsection about the races of Athas:
http://community.wizards.com/alphastream1/blog/2010/06/01/dark_suns_cast_of_characters

I will be available all evening on wednesday to help with PC creation and to talk about whateva aspex of DS you wish to knows about.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2013, 01:12:11 »

Ok - Squirrel I am sold see you on wednesday

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2013, 17:07:33 »

I have a couple of I feel sound character concepts a low level "templar" A dwarf fighter, city guard veteran & the dilettante daughter of a Tyr Merchant house not sure what class for her though I intend to play what ever will fit the group best.

EvilGinger

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2013, 18:54:24 »

The Templar would be most welcome as i was hoping someone would pick that, followed by the city guard veteran who could potentially fulfill the same role in my machinations. Dont feel pressured to choose those two though, we'll see who wants what wednesday.

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2013, 05:54:54 »

Ok so its the templar first but I will have to see who generates what by way of a character tomorrow

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2013, 05:50:21 »

Found the character generation session to be some fun & rather look forward to playing the game & putting some flesh on the bones of the character of the Mysterious robbed templar's character.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 04 July 2013, 06:19:33 by EvilGinger » Logged

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2013, 20:04:07 »

Bam! i have finished transfering 3 peoples characters to a lovely, official character sheet. In the heat of the moment i added some background info to each to give players a starting point and make my first few sessions easier. Any problems with these, contact me via PM here or Elswyr:

Bannik Neverstill / Half Elf Bard / Dune Trader (David)
Despite your birth meaning exile from the tribe of Elven Dune Traders, you grew up determined to make it on your own and you feel you are almost there. You have a reputation in Tyr as a 'Silvertongue' - a trader with a remarkable gift of the gab who can barter with the highest-ranking Templars and turn any situation to his advantage. When in Tyr, you operate in the Caravan District, - not quite Merchant District but not the slums of the Elven Market or The Warrens. Trade is good seeing as your stock is near the Caravan Gate, main entrance to Tyr.

Keral Gyvr / Human Warlord / Templar (Simon)
A Templar of relatively low rank, Keral Gyvr operates in the '10th District', part of the Caravan District of Tyr. Keral is second in command to District Leader Lavinia, a stern but wise woman who is renowned for the efficiency and inscrutability of her company, known colloquially as 'The 10th'.
Being a relatively low-ranking Templar, Keral resides in a more up-market 'Barracks' in the Templar District. There is a shared bath-house and dining hall, but the personal quarters are far from small, drab or basic. The Templar District itself is lavish and replete with greenery, public spaces and exclusive venues. The neighbouring King's Gardens are normally exclusively for the benefit of Templars and Nobles.

Aklo / Dragonborn / Wild Battlemind / Arena Gladiator & Tyrian Military Reservist (Jason)
A part-time draftee in the Tyrian Militia, Aklo's main occupation is as one of Tyrs' few surviving professional Gladiators, - battling in the arena at weekends and training on other days. Earning coin as both a Draftee and Gladiator of moderate renown, Aklo has enough wealth to live in comfort in the Artisan District as part of Tyr's 'New Middle-Class'.  His status is hard-earned though, as both jobs see him risking life and limb to earn a living.
« Last Edit: 07 July 2013, 20:06:48 by Dat » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2013, 21:04:29 »

Very cool stuff - really looking forward to getting to play my templar.....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2013, 15:44:31 »

found a picture for my Templar....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2013, 17:30:47 »

getting even more twitchy to play this am looking for a figure for my Templar - but its a bit difficult as dark sun is not your usual setting so to do might need to do a conversion of some sort.

EvilGinger

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2013, 17:41:46 »

Might be worth checking stuff with Dat before spending money, as bring a templar of Tyr seem to involve a uniform of sorts, least as far as I understand it.
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #13 on: 15 July 2013, 21:08:30 »

spoilsport - not that I have found any thing yet anyway.....

EvilGinger

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #14 on: 15 July 2013, 21:14:00 »

Security: For all intents and purposes, Security Bureau templars are Tyr's police force. Members of this much-feared bureau wear white tabards over black tunics and pants, drawn at the waist by a bright red sash. They are, usually, the only templars in Tyr who walk around armed. Security templars "on the beat" wear either leather or studded leather armor, and use short swords, cudgels, and throwing wedges as weapons.

So thats the official ish stuff. Now for something completely similar. Uniform as above, but with leather armour adapted especially for Templars, to show bits of white knee length tabbard with number 10 inked on right sleeve. all the important bits are covered, but as sparsely as possible, to show the important templar tabbard. Sleeves and legs are obvs full leather, left shoulder a large, thick hide pouldronish thing, some kind of leather torso piece, obvs more bikini-sh on females if they want. Crotch guard and leg stuff would have to be under tabbard though.

hope this gives you an idea of our now armoured AND tabbarded Templars!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: