Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
25 April 2024, 07:59:19 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Missiles? Don`t make me laugh. - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Linked Events
  • Dark Deeds in Dark places re start 6 A: 04 October 2009

• Signups have closed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fools rush in where Drow should fear to tread  (Read 25668 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #15 on: 25 September 2009, 18:23:33 »

0_o

erm, yeah....

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #16 on: 25 September 2009, 23:17:38 »

like the idea of Squirrel pie nice one Tiki & think your likely to be correct in your prediction

I now have the solo finished for next Sunday  and am working on one for DAT suitably evil suggestions welcome.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2009, 14:55:56 »

So, uh, is there anything I need to do to prepare for this.....adventure?

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #18 on: 30 September 2009, 15:13:33 »

Have you upset Evilginger by any chance morgalahan as I have heard about his solo adventures and well they tend to be a bit intense and very hard work by all accounts. I got this information from some of his WoD players. I don't want to worry you he might have mellowed a bit since then

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #19 on: 30 September 2009, 15:33:40 »

Um, not that I know of... I think he might just be taking the opportunity to mess with me and my character a bit. However, I can play it smart when I have to, so we'll have to see how it goes.

morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #20 on: 05 October 2009, 00:42:20 »

Oh dear lord, the **** I've stepped into... The vampire heritage feat (bloodline feat) is interesting, but it's not all that relevant to the situation I now find my poor character in. Don't get me wrong, I love vampires, I'm just in sulking mode because there's nothing particularly cool about the kind of vampire she seems to be at the moment. I can't eat food anymore (which was something she enjoyed especially as a prelude to other things), seem chained to the lich's basement, have no pulse which indicates undead (and possible unpleasant side effects relating to blood flow) yet seem to have none of the fun side effects of being undead. I know I sound like I'm complaining an awful lot, my headache is making me feel somewhat grumpy.

Questions: Do I need to breathe? Am I immune to the relevant things which effect blood flow relating to a beating heart? Considering my sucky strength, how am I supposed to grab people to bite them? Use sex appeal and pretend I want to kiss them? (that being the most PC of things I could try) Which would only work once, if at all Sad

Oh feck it, my headache is just getting worse at the moment, I need to go drink a large glass of water and possibly some tablets. Here's the Dhampyr's heritage feat, just for the hell of it.

Vampiric Heritage [Vampire Bloodline]
Prerequisite: Living humanoid race
Benefit: You gain blood drain as an encounter power. Additionally, you gain a +2 bonus to Perception and Insight checks to sense and recognize dhampyrs and undead.
Special: You are considered a vampire for the purpose of effects that relate to vampires.

Blood Drain
Vigor rushes through your body as you drain life energy from your victim
Encounter ✦ Healing
Standard Action Melee touch
Target: One living creature you have grabbed
Attack: Strength +2 vs. Fortitude, Constitution +2 vs. Fortitude, or Dexterity +2 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d4 + Constitution modifier damage, and you can spend a healing surge.
Increase to +4 bonus and 2d4 + Constitution modifier damage at 11th level; +6 bonus and 3d4 + Constitution modifier damage at 21st level.
Special: When you select the Vampiric Heritage feat, you determine whether you use Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity to attack with this power.

A rare crossbreed with several of the powers of a vampire and none of the weaknesses, a dhampyr is thought to be born of the union of a vampire male and a mortal female. The truth is that such hybrids are far more common than many folk think. A dhampyr can result from a vampire biting a pregnant female, as well as through more mundane means. Some offspring carry the spark of immortality in their veins for years, until the kindling of fate gives the spark a place to catch.

Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #21 on: 05 October 2009, 01:23:39 »

[note - Warning, TV Tropes link. If you have other things to do, DO NOT CLICK.]

Dark Gift not what you hoped for?
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2009, 02:06:22 »

Mmm, never knew anything like TV tropes existed. I didnt read all the examples listed, because frankly there is no need. I got the concept from the explanation, without needing the examples. And yeah, well, Simon still has to clarify what I can actually do and what it means to be a diluted vampire thingy. I just dont want to loose this character to NPC status, since I like her and have invested some time into her. I'd like her to be a full vampire or close to it, but that requires me to use all my upcoming feats on gaining vampire coolness. I wanted movement mode feats so that I could use my wings *sigh* The alternative is to somehow get her 'cured' which goes against my nature as a vampire lover. If I have to, and it turns out that there's no alternative (i.e. I can't escape the lich and his hold on my 'resting place' which I need to return to a certain length of time every day, not to mention end up in if I 'die'. I Return to the Spire, find out that the lich told the truth and I CAN'T get in, and resume my place at my priestess's side with odd dietary needs and sensitivity to holy things) Then, well, there goes that potential coolness.

I'm happily willing to do certain things, like make my character more like a hybrid class character than a pure warlock, to gain vampire abilities. i.e. swap out at-will/encounter/daily powers out for 'vampire' powers. I'm even sort of willing, while being sorrowful about it, to loose my familiar to NPC status to retro actively take the vampire heritage feat. Or something that more closely resembles a multi-class feat than a bloodline feat. I can't swap out my Stealth Training, since I'd end up being very very useless then.

It's just that I currently see lots of roleplaying and game mechanics downsides, and very few upsides at the moment. Only one really. And one that ties me to the lich as if with a steel chain, as shown by my inability to carry a 1 ton stone coffin around.

*sigh* I'll modify my character as much as is needed, swapping out powers, abilities, feats, special abilities, whatever. I just want something to show for all this really vampire stuff Smiley

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2009, 02:11:01 »

Tv Tropes is a dragons hoard of cool. Problem is, the Dragon is guarding it, and he will steal your hours if he catches you looking.

Also, yeah. You are not yet as unto a Dark God. I don't think Simon is quite vindictive enough as to insist on retraining, but we'll find out at some point, I'm sure.

Funny that, though, about the downsides. I'd say for a dead girl, she's not doing badly. Wink
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2009, 02:35:47 »

I don't mind retraining, or power swapping. I don't want to loose my imp, but if it means that I actually get something cool out of this then I will.

She's not doing too badly? Are you referring to her 'immortal' status? It's not the greatest upside for me, since I tend not to allow my character's to die if I can at all help it any way. I don't intend to drop to the point where I'm making death saving thows again.

Currently I'm tasked with rousing more hobgoblins to the lich and his 'friend's cause. Which means I have to present a plan in detailed essay form for doing this. I'm in no way a commander or at all good at tactics. I blast things. If the lich catches me disobeying him then he takes away the teleportation runes and I'm stuck in a solid stone tomb. I have to eat people all the time, can't enjoy a aphrodisiac morsel of food any more. To say nothing of possible problems in the bedroom department. My sister is likely to turn me on sight at the moment, I don't think I'll be able to get into the Spire anymore, I've been humiliated and subjugated by an undead HUMAN....yeah, from my character's point of view, things are really not so hot at the moment.

Yes, I'm assuming things. My character has a VERY average wisdom score and at best an average intelligence. Her insight sucks. She believes the lich has no reason to lie to her, because he's already done the worst thing to her. She plans to try and escape, but the leash she's on has very little give. She has no idea what to do in this situation. She wants to escape and try to make her way back to the Spire, but doesnt have a clue where it is in relation to her current location. She's not sure she'll be allowed to even try considering how powerful this lich is and how easily he caught her the first time. At the worst she has to go along with his plan and rouse some hobgoblins to his cause. No clue how to do that. She wasnt trained to lead. Her backstory is that she was created specifically for House Vae'thaun as a weapon to use for the glory of Lolth. She was trained to kill things, messily and quickly. Not sneakily. She wasnt tained to be an effective leader but to take orders and obey, as much as any drow can.

I'm limiting myself in many ways with this, but this is her backstory, and her personality is a touch pessimistic, while laughing in the face of the certain doom she knows will come. I'm trying to roleplay this character as much as I can. She's not my cleric, who would have better chances in the situations Larai'el's been in.

Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2009, 02:40:44 »

Actually I mostly meant in the sense of her still being around for any of that to be an issue. Wink
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2009, 02:43:05 »

Ah, right. Well, in the sense that I'm lucky to be alive at all, I guess you're right Smiley

But my above comments still stand.

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2009, 04:38:41 »

I see EvilGingers done it again, I did warn you he would given half a chance  Sad

EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2009, 06:51:13 »

Hard Rain

me  never I am totally innocent of whatever you are accusing me of Shocked Shocked Shocked

As you know players always fall on there own swords and I never do anything to make them do that.

morgalahan

I am still working out what your being a vampire does as I don't think the vampire stats in the Monster Manual are quite what I want.

I do know

1 You haven't lost any abillitys
2 Its something unique as its a Necromantic ritual Yarael the Litch invented
3 It will be balanced
4 4E & 3/3.5E games are different very different so don't fret because it was a particular way in 3/3.5E
5 that said I find your fretting very amusing  Evil almost as much as DAT's assorted sqirmings

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2009, 08:13:15 »

oh my dear god

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: