Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
27 April 2024, 22:30:49 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
We Apologise for the Inconvenience. - God`s Final Message to Mankind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evilginger Ramblings - me holding forth on Wargaming  (Read 13758 times)
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #15 on: 21 July 2013, 18:19:58 »

Ok the plan described above is in abeyance as spurred by there being a Fantasy Dux Play test on Tuesday I am working on finishing as much of my Dux scenery as possible & further spurred by the forthcoming release of Chain of command I am working on WWII 20mm models so I can demo it at Spirit Games as soon as I lay my hands on the rules....

all of the above will be in the shop soon.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2013, 20:53:16 »

I now have a company of Russian T34's which I can run as either 76's or 85's to paint possible because PSC provides both turrets in there kit & they share no parts. Three Stug III assault guns which is an understrength platoon to go with my painted but not quite finished Panzer IV's ( they need numbers & other markings) also an understrength platoon. Two Panzer grenadier platoons with a company command element  & plenty of support weapons, but now transport yet. Some of these are painted but some only assembled. I also have a couple of platoons of Soviet infantry with support to assemble & some Shermans & Firefly's for the British. I will it seems have a flying start to my gaming with CoC if I keep this up.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2013, 16:43:16 »

Bumped into a young chap in the shop this morning with a keen interest in Napoleonic gaming so I have offered to run him up a quick Sharpe Practice Scenario at some point soon. I must be daft, but youthful enthusiasm is  a good thing & to be encouraged....

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 20:01:48 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2013, 20:17:12 »

I have also obtained one of the Panzer March army lists for the Soviet Union  Eastern front Mid to late war ( R3 24/7/1942-31/10/1943) & I am building a Motorised infantry Platoon to go with the Soviet Tank Company I already have. Annoyingly  have discovered that I am one tank short of the company having remembered it as three Platoons of three tanks with the company commander leading the first platoon when he is in a separate one tank HQ element. The PSC tanks I am using come in threes so I can see me going for a second tank company. Still I should have mastered the tracks on the T34 by then & you always need more tanks if you are going to do Russians properly.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #19 on: 04 August 2013, 05:55:54 »

After having dropped all my DUx figures at the shop and having to repair many of them I have completed part on of the cunning rouse to avoid this by building a full DUX starter out of Plastic, intend to speed paint this over the week so its ready for next week end.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 05 August 2013, 06:12:50 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2013, 06:19:43 »

At the moment the plan outlined above is being implemented & seems to be working out I even started block painting the humans yesterday & would have done more but the combination of Piriton (antihistamine tablets) & running out of  Coffee sent me to bed a bit earlier.

All this does mean that my preradiation for the arrival of CoC has taken a back seat but with the temporary suspension of Spirit games Figure gaming Night I have a whole extra night to catch up or do more stuff which may even include work Shocked

Liked the idea of wargaming a visit to Disney world Florida as mentioned in the trouble at mill blog, I will have to think about the invasion of Burton Scenario again as well.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2013, 17:59:02 »

Chain of Command is here in e-form any way I will be having a good read of it this evening but I can understand what all the fuss was about just form having skimmed through it.

I will do a review when I have had a chance to play it

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #22 on: 22 August 2013, 06:01:23 »

I did a bit more work on my soviet tank riders platoon last night & plan to try to finish them on Sunday.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #23 on: 23 August 2013, 05:24:47 »

Half my reinforcements for Fantasy Dux have arrived in the shop & I will pick them up in morning however at least for now my thoughts have turned to Sharp Practice & Chain of Command. I will see what the week end brings as to what I actually manage to get done.

I also saw the New starter force for Muskets and tomahawks - Scots highlanders arrive form Northstar at Spirit Games  yesterday & my thoughts based on an attack of "Shinny" to be sure turn to using them for  sharp practice.

EvilGinger
« Last Edit: 23 August 2013, 05:36:52 by EvilGinger » Logged

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2013, 16:47:28 »

Lots of useful stuff has been uploaded to the Laride Group for CoC however I have downloaded most of it & I am more than happy to mail it to any interested parties who are not members.

Message me here with your E-mail

My copy has been printed out & will be laminated just as soon as I find out what I have done with the A4 pouches....

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #25 on: 25 August 2013, 16:57:47 »

I am painting for chain of command at the moment finishing off a platoon of Soviet tank riders & a Platoon of German Panzer Grenadiers & I am posting this whilst waiting for the paint to dry and I find nowadays  I paint better in short bursts and come back to it after doing something else for a while. Here the something else has been doing the four weekly invoices & catching up on my blog reading.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #26 on: 26 August 2013, 05:37:01 »

The Soviets are more or less done so I need to make a start on the extra figures I need for the Germans I have the better part of two platoons done but had not painted any of the support weapons so need to do those from scratch more or less. I should have enough to do a demo at spirit the week after next at this rate,

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #27 on: 26 August 2013, 21:57:49 »

The Tank rider platoon is finished but I am unable to do the Soviet support weapons as I seem to have lost the instruction sheet for the Soviet heavy weapons & the thing is essential to putting them together. So I decided to start work on the rest of the Germans only to find that I cant locate the OOB I was using for them. Particularly annoying as I bought a copy of it again recently, having mioslaid the origional one as is my way. So Having the Soviet one to hand I sorted out the non tank rider infantry & found that I had just short of a company being short of riflemen for the third platoon in the organization. So I need a fourth box of Plastic solder infantry, but appart form that I now have a sizeable Soviet force more than enough for CoC & at an infantry company with support company, an armoured company(t34/76/85) & a platoon of recon tanks (t70's) quite a formidable one for IABSM as well.

I need a bit more variety in vehicles as all I have are three types of tank.

EvilGinger

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

« Reply #28 on: 02 September 2013, 05:05:54 »

Had all sorts of plans for continuing work on the Soviets & Germans  for chain of command but I was thwarted by the antics of my suppliers which meant I had to spend most of the day dealing with work not my hobbies  BangHead

I am still planing to get something done for next week end.

EvilGinger

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: