Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
24 April 2024, 14:38:54 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Ah , this is obviously some strange usage of the word `safe` that i wasn`t previously aware of. - Arthur Dent
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam's new year game  (Read 6145 times)
Adam
Aware

« on: 01 December 2009, 20:12:44 »

On Her Majesty's Arcane Service

Set in Elizabethan times ( Elizabeth the first obviously) the party are all contacted by Dr Dee, the Queen's astrologer, who has a task or two for people of shall we say "talents".

If you need more than that check out:
http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14587.phtml

If the two table thing takes off cool.  I would like at least three players: a fighter, a magic user and a Savante*

If not also cool but I will limit the game to a maximum of six players/characters per session. More players may have characters but six per session maximum (pretty much as we are doing with Cyberpunk).

Please register interest below.
Zardoz
Winchester Delvers
Aware

« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2009, 14:06:32 »

I'm in providing I'm not GMing at the second table.
Ross
Winchester Delvers
Aware

« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2009, 14:56:39 »

After last night's discussion, are we all going to gen characters, then drop in and out as numbers allow and to suit the one-shots?

Happy to GM some one-shots in turn with Ian if anyone fancies some Merc games- that way Ian won't get locked into a GM cycle away from what promises to be an interesting Elizabethan forray!
Deebee
Unhinged

« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2009, 18:35:19 »

Intrigued...

Not what I would usually go for game-wise but I have had the privilege of playing some great stuff I have really enjoyed in the Winchester group that I would have not normally looked at.

Put me down as a reserve on this one. I'd like to generate a character though just out of interest.
Adam
Aware

« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2009, 22:12:18 »

Yes, Ross everyone who wants can generate a character and we'll have a varying roster a la Mission Impossible or the Defenders. If we have too many for one table we''l have an ad hoc second table with a one shot running.

So don't worry about registering interest.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2009, 22:14:05 by Adam » Logged
Adam
Aware

« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2009, 23:01:07 »

Just found another review of OHMAS on RPGnet.
http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14611.phtml

More full than I remember the last one being.
sir_j
Winchester Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2009, 22:24:59 »

I'm very interested in this.

I would like to play a "scientist" and even have a character concept (Jane Lytherland).

Basic idea is a scholar, not disimilar to Dr Dee.  In order to not make a "Dee Clone", I was left looking for a twist and decided to make her a lady.  This might be interesting, given the sexist attitudes of the time (though, according to Wikipedia, England was a lot better than the continent this way).
Jane is a hypothetical daughter of the vicar of Newark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newark-on-Trent#Tudor_era), who was executed during the Reformation.  She was bought up by a kindly scholar, who disappeared a few months ago.
Jane is a bit conflicted; she resents the Tudor dynasty as a whole but admires Elizabeth and Dr Dee.
andrew whincup
Winchester Delvers
Blissful Ignorance

« Reply #7 on: 07 December 2009, 11:26:39 »

I'm definitely interested in this. Pencil me in unless I'm wanted for running stuff.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: