Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 06:56:45 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Well it`s partly the curiosity, partly a sense of adventure, but mostly I think it`s the fame and the money. - Zaphod
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC to launch refreshed Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Game  (Read 3816 times)
RSSFeeder
Global Moderator
Deep One

« on: 25 February 2014, 10:53:17 »

"BBC Radio 4 Extra is to publish a new 30th anniversary edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Game. The online interactive website will feature refreshed illustrations and graphics, with additional functionality." ....

Check out the full Story about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Game.

BBC Radio 4 Extra Press Release

Details from Radio 4 Extra:
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, BBC Radio 4 Extra, series one and two, begins Saturday 8 March, 6-6.30pm.

Further episodes will follow weekly (eg episode two, Saturday 15 March, 6-6.30pm).

Series one is titled ‘The Primary Phase’ - there are six episodes (referred to as ‘Fits’)

Series two is titled ‘The Secondary Phase’ - there are six episodes (referred to as ‘Fits’)

Programme page (supporting content will also be available here): bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03v379k

The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy Game will be accessible via the BBC Radio 4 Extra website and launches on Saturday 8 March.

The BBC Radio 4 Extra homepage is here: bbc.co.uk/radio4extra

This single player game starts with lead character, Arthur Dent, working his way through a series of different challenges and zones. Players use a specially designed keyboard to enter their commands and there are achievements to be won throughout the game by completing a series of tasks. This interactive work of fiction sees players visiting other planets, meeting aliens and robots, and creating (or losing) the plot, based on their decisions and choices as they progress through the game. The game is renowned for its difficulty and it never misses a chance to kill players off in hilarious and infuriating ways.

The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2014, 11:02:00 by RSSFeeder » Logged
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2014, 18:10:44 »

Is this the text-game that you can't ever win if you forget to pick up the towel right at the start?
EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2014, 06:43:25 »

Cool missed this one the first time round

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2014, 14:43:59 »

i think it must be the old text adventure. Production costs must not be that high and the drain on the servers of running it would be like just running a normal webpage. I think they could just keep it up there for years with almost no cost for doing so.

As it says, there will be images to accompany it, so it sounds pretty fun. I cant wait to try it.

*Dat has died of dysentery*

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: