Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
29 March 2024, 13:20:20 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
Hey, Err , What are you at , Man? - Zaphod Beeblebrox
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Company of Fools - Blog  (Read 176834 times)
EvilGinger
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #570 on: 17 October 2014, 13:00:07 »

Angrad (torch) Market a work in progress

Made enough of a start to post this

A work in progress map based on an enlarged section of the map of Torch from the first Iron Gods module. This has been stretched and enlarged considerably which has causes a lot of pixilation and other artefacts form manipulating the image  and automated cleaning up and sharpening of the image having not worked as I wanted it I have resorted to manually retouching the image

More of the same done whilst it might not look that different the image will be cleaner in Roll20 but its still no where near done.

More work done I have all the paths and the roads sorted and the areas water but there are a lot of hoses to do as whilst they look fine at the size shown above they break down into pixilated blobs when you zoom in and given that the image may get further manipulated when it goes up onto Roll20 this is not a good thing

Screen shot Close up

The screen shot of the image viewed at 100% rather than 18% I think gives some idea of what I am fixing and I am begging to really loathe doing  urban maps even more. This is a relatively unworked area but you can see the start of my fixes on the buildings re-outlining them and then and then blocking them back in. All rather involved and time consuming.

More progress made

Yet more progress made but its painfully slow work compared to the rural  maps and I am still cleaning up the distortions caused by manipulating  the original image

A screen shot of pretty much same area as the first close up image and as you cam see there is a lot less image manipulation artefacts but a lot less detail as the artefacts where a result of the break up of the detailing on the original image.

More done mostly on the trees and beginning to put down some roof  details in the form of ridge lines. Three is still some unwanted image  manipulation artefacts mostly on the lots around the buildings and I am  trying to work out how to deal with those, as well as to decide on the  level of detail I need to add to the map. 

Screen shot showing the trees which I am quite pleased with as well as some of the remaining artefacts and the limited work I have done the houses

More done yesterday whilst unable to post  mostly house roof detail but also some other things and a few more of the remaining artefacts bit the dust. The Changes might be a bit to subtle to show clearly zoomed out this far

Source: Angrad (torch) Market a work in progress

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #571 on: 17 October 2014, 20:00:07 »

We Have a HackPrincess

The coolest and cutest blog on the whole internet has moved at least in part to Tumblr which makes me sad as there is only so many internet log ins that even the evil genius can keep in mind at any given time however for those that do take a look because its well worth it.

Follow it on Tumblr here    you will need a Tumblr account however

Source: We Have a HackPrincess

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #572 on: 18 October 2014, 12:00:38 »

Knights of the Diner table

The story continues 

10/10
13/10

as ever these are just teasers for the whole story and what preceded it got to the KODT website

Source: Knights of the Diner table

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #573 on: 18 October 2014, 12:00:38 »

Admin Announcement

I should perhaps have posted this earlier but I would like to apologise for the sudden loss of Blog activity yesterday just as it was ramping up again but I lost my internet connection.. I then had a bit of  a busy day and decided that I should go to Spirit Games for RPG night in the evening, rather than staying in and finding and fixing the issue.

Its now fixed apparently but I am down to one router form the supply I was provided with by BT who I am no longer with so I may have to go an purchase a spare. 

On the Gaming side I now have another  Character for the Frandors keep game a charmless (cha 1/34 & a boor)  dwarf wizard called Zugemredaes Mulmaxinalson whose attitude is I can't be arsed about any thing which isn't the acquisition of more magical knowledge or the means to do so.The bad  thing is that I him or either of the other two characters I have actually at the keep a fighter - and potential paladin called Conral who is the best set of  stats I have rolled in years and Alerie the magic user thief who is madly in lust with him as he has 18-70 something  like that appearance an she is a lecher, until I find a place to park my Company of fools game which is going to be rather hard given the amount of stuff still going on.

I also have a character for something where you get to run mortals in the present iteration of World of Darkness which is always a nice change of pace for an alternate week game

Source: Admin Announcement

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #574 on: 18 October 2014, 18:30:58 »

A Useful concoction

A preventative elixir 

Designed for the Company of Fools game but of wider use I would think

This is a mundane potion prepared by the herbalists’ at large temples of the Caregiver such as the Great Hospital in Vayham. These herbalists, who are mostly ether junior priests of the care giver or anointed experts produce the potion in some quantity as it is useful in their work and can be made from relatively common herbs. There are reputed to be more powerful versions made with more exotic ingredients or ones which are specific rather than general.  Beyond the cult of the care giver similar potions are made in many places as making of them is not uncommon knowledge to the wider community of herbalists beyond those associated with the caregivers cult. It should be noted that independent herbalists who make these potions attract the special ire of the servants of the rot lord and being outside the protection of the care givers cult they are especially vulnerable.

It can be used as a preventative, and is often taken by Care givers working with infected patients to protect them selves, and as a treatment thought it is not that good a treatment and only works to aid at the point of crisis of the disease but it will work for all diseases.

As a preventative it adds +1d6 to the takers disease resistance for at least twelve hours after consumption, with the die being rolled individually for each potential infection. As a curative the potion ads +1 to any one roll made to determine the result of the crisis point of a disease. The potion tends to be dispensed freely as needed by the followers of the Caregiver but where it is for sale it would cost 10-20 silver per dose  and a dose is a sixth of a pint in a sturdy stone ware flask sealed with wax.. Multiple doses dont stack but may cause some transitory nausea,

As a campaign note it was used to dose all the party entering the Rot Lords temple under Vayham with the intent to exterminate the cult and destroy its foul works and was given free as it was to do the Caregivers work. 

Source: A Useful concoction

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #575 on: 19 October 2014, 11:00:14 »

A new disease

Weeping Visage

Communicability: 5

Severity: 4

Where is the disease found

This seems to be a variant of the common animal disease of mange which can be passed on to humanoids, in animals it presents as mange with inflamed flesh and loss of fur or hair in patches the main difference between it and Mange is that the skin weeps a serous fluid in advanced cases and it is contact with this which causes it to spread.

In Humans Demihumans and Humanoids it causes what looks like very severe weeping eczema particularly on the face throat and chest and the backs of the hands and fore arms. It will like mange cause hair loss in races which are typically bearded such as dwarves and it is viewed as a form of leprosy by them and sufferers are often exiled.

Minor effect:

For a period of 1d6p weeks the victim’s appearance is reduced by 1d6 points as they have skin in the effected areas which looks like raw liver and seeps fluid continually and is often crusted with scabs. The disease then reaches a peak after which the victim slowly recovers generally taking about as long as the original course of the disease to clear up and the victim may be pocked especially if the duration roll penetrated

Major effect:

The disease becomes chronic and will not heal without the application of magic or if the victim is lucky medicine and the appearance loss becomes permanent until so healed.  It is also likely that the victim will be treated as a leper by their community even thought the diseases are not at all connected.

Source: A new disease

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #576 on: 19 October 2014, 11:00:16 »

Wooly Gazers beasts of the Wastes

A Gazing Beast

more about these to follow

Source: Wooly Gazers beasts of the Wastes

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #577 on: 19 October 2014, 11:00:16 »

Today I am taking a trip to  Autumn Beer and Prezels

In Burton on Trent

so I will have less time for the blog but I did promise myself an afternoons board gaming however it will be back to normal after and from then on and I did miss day one due to work

I would have been doing a demo of HackMaster if we had any books for the enthusiastic punters to buy afterwards

for more about this and its sponsor my local games shop- Spirit Games follow this link

Source: Today I am taking a trip to  Autumn Beer and Prezels

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #578 on: 19 October 2014, 14:01:06 »

The First Deep Wastes Battle matt for against the Robots

Source: The First Deep Wastes Battle matt for against the Robots

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #579 on: 19 October 2014, 20:31:05 »

The First Deep Wastes Battle matts for against the Robots

Lone Erratic
Water hole and low hills
Both are variations on the same map in much the same way as I did those for the more fertile parts of the north the main difference between the two other than some features is that I remembered to add a faint cracked mus texture to the areas of bare earth on the second as a way of adding a bit more visual interest when zoomed in

In both cases they could be individualised  by the addition of tokens once uploaded to Roll20 there will be more in this line when I have had some time to think about what to do

Source: The First Deep Wastes Battle matts for against the Robots

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #580 on: 21 October 2014, 11:30:17 »

More Battle Matts for the deep wastes

Source: More Battle Matts for the deep wastes

EvilGinger
Great Old One

« Reply #581 on: 07 November 2014, 11:02:20 »

I will be back to this but I needed a holiday as I was getting a bit swamped by stuff

EvilGinger

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: