Big Bang Burger Bar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
26 April 2024, 17:14:57 *

Home   Help Latest Posts Calendar Links Login Register  
HHGG Quote:
I`m sorry, I think we`d be better off with a slide rule. - Zaphod
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiki's Planar Sandbox  (Read 22161 times)
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« on: 25 September 2009, 14:48:19 »

So. There's isn't an official thread for this upcoming adventure yet, so I made a tiny little thread for the hell of it, to discuss character ideas for THIS game, and not inundate the play-by-post one with irrelevant material.

I already have my character idea semi-firmly locked down. I'm playing a character who will appear to be one thing, but is actually something else completely different. I'm playing a changeling/doppelganger, who will appear to be an eladrin most of the time. We will start play with everyone else knowing my character as something approximating an eladrin rogue, who is a wine and rare beverage merchant. She is in reality a doppelganger, but she will not be showing her true face to anyone else unless there is some pressing reason she HAS to, or if there is a deep bond of trust between her and the other player characters. So, I'm happy for you as fellow players to know what race she is, and that she's an assassin. But your characters won't know, until it's revealed somehow via roleplaying during the game.
I was actually considering trying to make everyone think that I was playing an eladrin rogue, but it's just too much trouble to try and conceal something from players as well as characters all the time. I'll just trust that everyone knows not to metagame Smiley

I havent written up the entire character sheet yet, as I'm still working out some things with our illustrious DM, but I HAVE painted a rough picture of her in her true form so far Cheesy I'll paint the eladrin form as well, so you have a better idea of what she'll look like most of the time Tongue

So, if anyone else wants to post about their characters...

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2009, 14:58:09 »

So I guess my enthusiasm was a little over the top then, since no one else seems to want to post here -_-

Reach for the stars, and if you only get to the moon, thats a hell of an achievement anyway.
Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2009, 15:09:33 »

Might be a little bit that way but your picture is very very cool indeed. Do you do it for a living if you dont mind me asking

Q:- what do you do if a redhead is on the PULL!

A:- don't wear any thing she can grab hold of of course
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2009, 15:31:59 »

No, but I'd really, really like to one day. Smiley

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2009, 20:37:18 »

all the best with that because I have seen much worse published

if I were you I would start harassing publishers, and generaly making a pain of yourself dont hide your tallent under a bucket

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2009, 21:49:30 »

Dont fret I am still working on my character though I think it will be either the one from for the Raven Queen or a hybrid Fighter Beast Ranger. Its just a bit harder to do without a subscription to insider.

I have a mental picture of a female dwarf in Scythian type gear galloping along whilst losing arrows behind her at perusing Drake.

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
Snakes in the Tiki Lounge
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2009, 00:15:08 »

Dont fret I am still working on my character though I think it will be either the one from for the Raven Queen or a hybrid Fighter Beast Ranger. Its just a bit harder to do without a subscription to insider.

I have a mental picture of a female dwarf in Scythian type gear galloping along whilst losing arrows behind her at perusing Drake.

EvilGinger

Er, thought I just replied to this already. Weird. Anyway;
Just to remind you, case there's confusion. This would be the Wednesday planar-campaign that is being referenced, rather than the simple online one.

If you are interested in the wednesday game, you're welcome. If you are giving thought to playing a Dwarf, pm me with any character info you have already decided on, specific or general.
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2009, 00:35:24 »

Yuh. What Tiki said, this is the pen-and-paper game Smiley Unlike Arnu, I havent already done 6 pages of character sheet, although I'm tempted to Wink I've painted my changeling in her 'natural' form already, and am getting on with the eladrin form, which she'll be wearing as her favorite outfit for the majority of the time. Hehehe

EvilGinger
Burton Delvers
Great Old One

BoardgameGeek: Evilginger

I speak only of the Evilerginger who is coming

« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2009, 06:12:35 »

Blast it  Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire

I am very interested in the wednesday game there is only one problem its really past my bed time and I feel like I have been on a serious bender if I dont get six hours sleep a night Angryfire Angryfire Angryfire

EvilGinger

seek solace in the doom of empires and the death of great kings
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2009, 11:52:22 »

Ah, well, there's still the online one which keeps no hours, so that should be ok, right? Wink

Hard Rain
Unhinged

madder by parsecs

« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2009, 16:22:06 »

I thought you told me that your body clock was shot any way

Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2009, 17:31:51 »

Sleep is more important. Try counting squirrels.  Wink
« Last Edit: 01 October 2009, 17:39:59 by Dat » Logged

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
Tombwalker
Burton Delvers
Aware

« Reply #12 on: 13 October 2009, 13:41:28 »

Have begun the process for the sandbox character I wish to play.  Also got one for my OH.  Just got to upgrade them to the right level as I don't have the character builder yet. 

Sweet pic there, most chilling of sights. (not the squirrel, the drawing,  The squirrrel is just disturbing).

Death is the only certanty in life,
how you get there and how much fun you have on the way
is only limited by your own imagination.
Dat
Burton Delvers
Psychotic

Deranged Hermit

« Reply #13 on: 13 October 2009, 13:53:58 »

-It makes me jealous she doesn't paint all our chars. Wink

'I don't NEED luck. I eat nuts.'
morgalahan
Burton Delvers
Unhinged

Artist For Hire

« Reply #14 on: 13 October 2009, 16:51:26 »

-It makes me jealous she doesn't paint all our chars. Wink

Oh lord, really. I havent painted anything since this really. My will-to-art has been sapped by something. Besides, your comment about me being a chibi drow has earned eternal enmity. I wouldnt paint your characters after that, not a chance!  nono Laughing 7

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: